3 T. olive oil
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 limes, 2 zested and juiced and 1 halved
3 green onions, chopped, whites and greens separated
1 mounded T. chile garlic paste
2 T. honey
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until the shrimp start to turn pink and are almost cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the lime zest and the whites of the green onions.
- Stir into the shrimp and cook until the onion whites soften, about a minute, then add the chile garlic paste, honey and lime juice.
- Stir to combine, then continue to cook until the sauce has a syrupy consistency, an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a small platter and garnish with the green onion tops.
- Zest one of the lime halves over the dish, then cut the remaining half into wedges and serve alongside.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serves 2 - 4