2 lbs chicken tenders or 4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup whole milk
3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 - 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
2 tablespoon sour cream
2 tablespoon butter
- Crush 1 1/2 sleeves of crackers.
- If using chicken breasts and not tenders, cut each chicken breast into 3 large pieces.
- Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans.
- Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then the cheese.
- Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers.
- Then press the cheesy coated chicken into the cracker crumbs and press it in.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.
- Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk.
- Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot.
- Serve over the chicken.