2 boneless skinless boneless chicken breast, dicedDirections
1 (1.27 ounce) packet fajita seasoning
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Sour cream (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add fajita seasoning, onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper.
- Cook and stir until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Layer half of each tortilla with the chicken and vegetable mixture, then sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack. Use the as little or as much as you like.
- Fold the tortillas in half and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake quesadillas in the preheated oven until the cheeses have melted, about 10 minutes.
- Cut each quesadilla into 3 triangles.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serves 5 (1 quesadilla per serving)
Note: When I make this recipe, I do not end up using all of the tortillas. I did not use all of the Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheeses either.