1/2 C. Water
1/4 C. Coconut Oil
1 t. Salt
1/2 t. Baking Powder, optional
- Heat the water in the microwave.
- Then mix the oil into the water until it is all melted.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, salt, and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour the water-oil mixture over the flour, using a fork mix it together well.
- Using your hands, knead the dough several times. It should look and feel like a big ball of playdough.
- Divide that dough into 9 balls.
- Flatten each ball with your hand trying to keep it as round as you can.
- On a clean suffice or plate add a light dusting of flour then place one of the flattened balls on top. Lightly dust the top of the ball with flour.
- Using a rolling pin (or a tortilla press if you have one) slowly start working around in a circle to flatten it out. You want to get it as thin as you can without ripping it.
- After you have it flattened heat a non-stick or cast iron skillet on medium to high heat on the stove. Cook it about 40 to 60 seconds on each side.
- Repeat for each tortilla.
- When you remove from the pan, place in a warmer or on a plate with a lid over it to keep them hot and moist do they do not harden or dry.