12 ounces lasagna noodlesDirections
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 pound ground beef
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
5 ounces cream cheese, cut into bits
1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
1 ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish with butter, oil, or cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, parboil the lasagna noodles according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a fork, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the salt and black pepper.
- Add spaghetti sauce and cream cheese.
- Stir until the cheese has melted into the sauce.
- Spoon ½ cup of meat sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Top with a single layer of noodles, 1 cup of sauce, ⅓ of the mozzarella, and ½ cup of Parmesan.
- Repeat the layering two more times, until all of the ingredients have been used, ending with a layer of mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until golden on top and bubbling, about 20 to 25 minutes.
I found this recipe on the NBC website after watching the Tonight Show segment.