2 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 envelope active dry yeast
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Mix 3/4 cup flour, sugar, salt, and undissolved yeast.
- Heat milk, water and margarine to 120 - 130 degrees F.
- Gradually add to dry ingredients and beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add 1/4 cup flour. Beat at high speed of electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough additional flour to make a soft dough.
- On a floured surface knead 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Shape into balls.
- Place in greased 8-inch round pan.
- Pour a 1-inch depth of boiling water into large pan on bottom rack of cold oven.
- Cover rolls with a cloth.
- Set rolls on rack above water.
- Close oven door; let rise 30 minutes.
- Uncover rolls; remove pan of water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 1 Dozen
Proof Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 20-25 minutes