1 lb ground Italian sausageHerbed Parmesan Drop Biscuits
1/2 cup ricotta
pinch of oregano
pinch of basil
1 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
1 - 26 oz jar of pasta sauce
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Pepperoni slices (about 1/2 a bag)
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup shredded aged Provolone
Herbed Parmesan Drop Biscuits
Additional Parmesan cheese for topping
2 1/4 cup baking mixDirections
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2/3 cup milk
- Brown sausage in skillet; drain fat.
- Mix in pasta sauce and pepper flakes; set aside.
- Mix ricotta cheese with the herbs and Parmesan in a separate bowl; set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients for the biscuits.
- Add milk and stir until combined
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with non-stick spray.
- Drop biscuit dough by teaspoons in the bottom of pan, spacing evenly. It's OK if there is space between the dough--it will expand as it's cooked.
- Top with sausage mixture and dot with the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 min or until biscuits are puffed and beginning to get golden brown.
- Top with mozzarella and provolone cheeses and distribute pepperoni slices evenly over top, increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Return to oven and bake until cheeses are melted and beginning to bubble. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- May be topped with the additional Parmesan cheese.