2 1/2 to 3 cups diced roast beef
1/2 cup chopped onion1 cup beef gravy or prepared brown gravy2 tablespoons dry white wine1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled1/4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbleddash garlic powder1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste1/4 teaspoon ground black pepperbeef broth or water, if needed2 cups prepared mashed potatoes, seasoned2 tablespoons butter1 egg1/2 to 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Grind or finely chop the beef and onion.
- Add gravy, wine, and seasonings.
- Add broth, if necessary, to make a moist mixture.
- Put beef mixture in a shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Combine mashed potato with butter and egg; mix well then spread over the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until browned and bubbly.