1 lb. boneless pork sirloin chops, cut into 1-inch cubesDirections
2 T. olive oil, divided
1-2 large diced bell peppers, cored and cut into ½-inch pieces
10 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
3 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
Fresh ground black pepper
1 T. all-purpose flour
½ c. dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio, or non-alcoholic varietal grape juice
- Heat 1 T. oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add red pepper and cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until juices evaporate, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in scallions and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to plate.
- Season pork with ½ t. salt and ¼ t. pepper.
- Add remaining 1 T. oil to skillet and heat.
- Add pork and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and meat is slightly pink when pierced to the center with tip of sharp knife, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir with wooden spoon to coat pork.
- Add wine and ½ c. water and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits in pan with wooden spoon.
- Return vegetables to pan and cook until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.