1 clove garlic, choppedDirections
1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
8 bone-in chicken thighs (2 1/2 pounds)
1 cup long-grain white rice
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic and 1/4 cup of the teriyaki sauce.
- Add the chicken, turn to coat, cover, and let marinate for 30 minutes
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the chicken o a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and roast, basting with the remaining 1/3 cup of teriyaki sauce, until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
To make your own teriyaki sauce, whisk together 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar, 1 clove garlic (chopped), and 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.