6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 oz. each)
10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 oz. fat free cream cheese
1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 t. dried basil leaves
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 c. fat-free egg product
12 stone-ground wheat crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
1 t. dried basil leaves
1/2 t. pepper
1 c. pasta sauce
1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese (1 oz.)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place each chicken breast smooth side down in a zipper bag.
- Gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
- In medium bowl, mix spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon basil and the garlic until blended.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon spinach mixture over each chicken breast; roll up tightly.
- If necessary, secure with toothpicks.
- In small shallow bowl, place egg product.
- In another small shallow bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 1 teaspoon basil and the pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast into egg product; coat with crumb mixture.
- Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Pour pasta sauce over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads 165°F.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken before eating.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes