24 oz. package frozen egg noodles
2 - 14.7 oz cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. butter (1 stick) cut into pieces
32 oz. chicken broth
mixed vegetables (optional)
chicken bouillon to taste (optional)
6 small or 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts and place in the bottom of crock pot.
- Spoon soup over the chicken.
- Cut butter into several pats and place pieces evenly over soup.
- If using bouillon, whisk with the broth and pour over the soup.
- Place lid on crock and turn to low.
- Cook for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and tear into pieces. Add back to pot.
- Add noodles and if adding veggies, add those as now.
- Cook for another 2 hours or until noodles are desired tenderness. Stir a few times during the last 2 hours.
- Salt and pepper if needed.