1 1/4 lb. ground beef
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1/2 t. salt
ground black pepper
8 oz. egg noodles
1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/4 c. small curd cottage cheese
1/2 c. sliced green onions
1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese.
- Add ground black pepper.
- Add to noodles and stir.
- Add green nions and stir.
- To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish.
- Top with half of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with half of the grated cheddar.
- Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.