4 c. diced celery
1 c. onion, chopped
1 c. butter
4 qt. dry bread cubes
1 T. salt
1 1/2 t. poultry seasoning
1/2 t. sage
1/2 t. pepper
Hot broth or water
- Cook celery and onion in hot butter, until transparent.
- Turn into large bowl.
- Add other ingredients; mix well.
- Makes enough stuffing for 14 to 18 pound turkey.
- If a moist dressing is preferred add more broth.
- Cube 2 loaves of bread the night before needed, and allow to dry overnight.
- Cut celery stalks into large chunks.
- Cut onion into quarters
- Put celery, onion, and butter in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add spice, and 2 eggs and blend until smooth.
- Pour over bread mixture and mix well.
- If too dry, add more melted butter, or mix up a smaller batch of the celery, onion, egg mixture.