4 whole Russet Potatoes, scrubbed clean
2 T. Butter, softened
1 1/2 c. Heavy Cream
1/2 c. Whole Milk
2 T. Flour
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1 t. Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
1 c. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Smear softened butter all over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Slice potatoes, then cut slices into fourths.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cream, milk, flour, minced garlic, salt, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the cream mixture over the potatoes.
- Repeat this two more times, ending with the cream mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and really bubbling.
- Add grated cheese to the top of the potatoes and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving by the spoonful.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes