1 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. milk
4 T. lemon juice
1 t. garlic salt
2 pkg. Tempura Batter Mix
1 can beer
1 t. salt
1 t. garlic powder
24 oz. boneless cod, cut into 2-inch pieces
6 corn tortillas
2 c. shredded cabbage
For the sauce:
- Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
For the fish:
- Preheat a fryer or a deep pot halfway filled with oil to 375 degrees.
- Mix 1 of the packages of batter, but use 1/2 the required amount of water and use beer for the remaining amount instead.
- Add the beer until the batter becomes almost like a heavy cream consistency.
- Using the other package of batter, add salt and garlic powder, coat cod pieces with the dry mix, then dip into prepared batter.
- Deep-fry for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place fried cod pieces on warmed corn tortillas, add white sauce to fish, a little shredded cabbage and a squeeze of lime, to taste.