1 pound Italian sausageDirections
1/2 pound cooked bacon
4 cups water
2 cans (29 oz. total) chicken broth
2 large potatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
2 cups kale
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, brown Italian sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it; drain, set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, brown bacon; drain, set aside.
- Place water, broth, cubed potatoes, crushed garlic, chopped onion in a pot; simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Add sausage and crumbled bacon to pot; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped kale and cream to pot; season with salt and pepper; heat through.