4 tsp. olive oilDirections
1 pkg. Italian Chicken Sausage Links
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 C. white wine (optional)
3 14 oz. cans low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
18 oz. refrigerated cheese tortellini
6 oz. baby spinach leaves
1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
Shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a Dutch oven and saute chicken until browned (safe internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Remove from pan and carefully slice into small pieces; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in Dutch oven; saute garlic for 30 seconds.
- Stir in wine and broth; bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, then add tortellini.
- Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, then stir in spinach and tomatoes.
- Cook until the spinach wilts, approximately 2 minutes.
- Return sauteed sausage to the soup; heat throughout.
- Melt butter into soup.
- Refrigerate any leftovers
Shredded Parmesan cheese and pieces of crusty bread are the perfect accompaniments.