1/2 cup solid vegetable shorteningDirections:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
- Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar one cup at a time., beating well on medium speed.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.
- Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
Yield: 3 cups
Refrigerate in an airtight container, can be stored 2 weeks.