1 1/3 cups cooked uncooked white riceDirections
2 2/3 cups water
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups mild salsa
- Place rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chicken breast halves into a large saucepan, and fill the pan with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove chicken from water. When cool enough to handle, cut meat into bite-size pieces.
- In a small skillet, cook onion until opaque.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion, and salsa.
- Layer 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the soup and salsa mixture, and 1/2 of the cheese mixture in a prepared dish.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until bubbly.