1 1/2 cups waterChicken
2 T. orange juice
1/4 C. lemon juice
1/3 C. rice vinegar
2 1/2 T. soy sauce
1 T. grated orange zest
1 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 t. minced fresh ginger root
1/2 t. minced garlic
2 T. chopped green onion
1/4 t. red pepper flakes
3 T. cornstarch
2 T. water
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch piecesDirections:
1 C. all-purpose flour
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
3 T. olive oil
- Pour 1 1/2 cups water, orange juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce into a saucepan and set over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken pieces into a resealable plastic bag.
- When contents of the saucepan have cooled, pour 1 cup of sauce into bag.
- Reserve the remaining sauce.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In another resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Add the marinated chicken pieces, seal the bag and shake to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken into the skillet, and brown on both sides.
- Drain on a place lined with paper towels, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Wipe out the skillet, and add the sauce.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water; stir into the sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add the chicken pieces, and simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cook Time: 40 minutes