3/4 lb. ground beefDirections:
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 carrots, thinly sliced
3/4 cup Jasmine rice
2 T. soy sauce
1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat large frying pan over high heat.
- Add beef; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Add onion, garlic and crushed red pepper; stir-fry 1 minute longer.
- Mix in carrots, rice 1-1/2 cups water and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Mix in mint and cilantro.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings, about 1-1/4 cup each.