1 egg, beatenDirections:
1/4 cup whole milk
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 t. salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup self rising flour
10 chicken tenderloins
1/2 cup flour
oil (6 to 10 cups) or shortening for frying
- Heat shortening or oil in fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Combine beaten egg, milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Whisk for about 30 seconds to dissolve salt.
- Whisk in 1 cup self rising flour.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Coat each piece of chicken with dry flour, and then dunk the chicken into the batter.
- Let a little batter drip off the chicken and lower it into the hot oil. Fry for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken, frying 3 to 4 tenderloins at a time.
- Drain fried chicken strips on paper towels and serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.
If you don't have self rising flour it can be made with the following:
1 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes