1 cup Bisquick mixDirections:
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup beer
1 lb. uncooked peeled diveined large (16 to 20 count) shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
3 to 4 Tbsp. Bisquick mix
Vegetable oil for frying
1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a deep 10-inch skillet, heat 1 1/2 inches of oil over medium heat to 375% F
- In a medium bowl, stir 1 cup Bisquick mix, the garlic powder, beer and egg with wire whisk or fork until smooth. (If batter is too thick, stir in additional beer, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency).
- Lightly coat 6 shrimp with 1/4 cup Bisquick mix. Dip shrimp into batter, letting excess drip into bowl. Fry in oil about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Serve hot with sweet-and-sour sauce.
Prep Time: 25 minutes