1 unbaked pie crust
1 c. white sugar
3 T. brown sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 c. corn syrup
3/4 t. vanilla
1/3 c. melted butter (salted)
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. (heaping) chopped pecans
- Mix sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, butter, eggs, and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Pour chopped pecans in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell.
- Pour syrup mixture over the top.
- Cover top and crust lightly/gently with foil.
- Bake pie at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, then continue baking for 20 minutes, being careful not to burn the crust or pecans.
Note: Pie should NOT be overly jiggly when you remove it from the oven. IF it shakes a lot, cover with foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until set. Required baking time seems to vary widely with this recipe. Sometimes it takes 50 minutes sometimes it takes 75 minutes.
Allow to cool for several hours or overnight.
Serve in thin slivers.