- 1 lb jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
- In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño.
- Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
If you need to prepare this ahead of time, combine all ingredients except the avocado and cliantro. Refrigerate. Add the avocado and cliantro immediately prior to serving.