- 1 t. olive oil
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 t. dried basil
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen potato gnocchi
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, and basil; cook stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 12-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi according to package directions, omitting the salt if desired, drain.
- Add the gnocchi and cheese to the skillet and cook, tossing, until hot, 1-2 minutes.
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cook Time = 25 minutes