- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sugar, butter and extracts in large bowl until well blended.
- Stir in egg.
- Add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Stir in pecans and apples.
- Spread in greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into 16 squares.
Note: 1 cup chopped walnuts can be substituted for the pecans if desired.