4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
1/2 cup flour
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Dried oregano to taste
4 Tbsp oil
4 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Marsala wine
- Pound chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap (or in a plastic zipper bag) until about 1/4" thickness.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken breasts on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned.
- Turn breasts over to cook other side, then add mushrooms to skillet.
- Cook breasts about 2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned.
- Continue to stir mushrooms.
- Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes