1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 large shallot or small onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups water
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tub Knorr Homestyle Stock - Chicken
6 oz. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 -inch-thick diagonal slices (about 1 cup)
- Combine flour with pepper in shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in egg, then flour mixture; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium heat and cook shallot, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in water, lemon juice and Knorr Homestyle Stock - Chicken until stock is melted.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add asparagus and return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and asparagus is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice.