3/4 C. light brown sugar
3/4 C. all purpose flour
2 t. ground cinnamon
6 T. butter, melted
1 C. light brown sugar
1 1/2 T. ground cinnamon
1 C. all purpose flour
1 C. butter, room temperature
1 C. granulated sugar
2/3 C. light brown sugar
1 T. vanilla extract
3/4 C. sour cream
1 t. kosher salt
3 t. baking powder
1 1/4 C. milk
3 2/3 C. all purpose flour
Icing - Optional
1 C. powdered sugar
2–3 T. milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl prepare the cinnamon filling by mixing together the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon until combined. Set aside.
- To prepare the crumb topping, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour in a medium bowl until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- For the cake, mix the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, sour cream, salt, and baking powder and mix for 1 minute until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour and milk in alternating portions, beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix until just combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon filling evenly on top of the batter.
- Carefully spread the remaining cake batter on top of the cinnamon layer.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumb topping on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional - Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and drizzle on top of the cooled cake.